St. Modwen, the UK’s leading regeneration specialist, has announced a start on site for its £10 million Venture Fields Leisure Development at Widnes Waterfront.
The 100,000 sq ft scheme which is being developed by St. Modwen, in conjunction with Halton Borough Council, is already 96% pre-let and will provide up to 150 new jobs for the area. Works are due to start on site within weeks and the scheme is expected to welcome its first visitors in Autumn 2011.
The operators and facilities already committed to Venture Fields are:
• A five-screen 3D-enabled cinema operated by Reel Cinemas
• A bowling alley operating as Widnes Superbowl, with children’s play area
• A 36,000 sq ft Ice Rink operated by Planet Ice
• Italian American style restaurant Frankie and Bennys
• A 60-bedroom Premier Inn hotel with an adjoining 7,500 sq ft Brewers Fayre Restaurant