St. Modwen, the UK¹s leading regeneration specialist, is pleased to announce that Steve Prosser who has been Regional Manager of St. Modwen¹s Leeds office for the past two years has been promoted to Regional Director.
Steve opened the Leeds office in 2005 at which time it inherited a number of schemes previously managed from St. Modwen¹s Midlands or North West offices. Steve¹s role initially was to consolidate the company¹s position on those schemes, establish St. Modwen in the regional market and start to recruit a regional team. In all these activities, he has met with considerable success.
– The mixed-office and industrial scheme at St. Thomas¹s Road, Huddersfield acquired as part of a portfolio from Invensys was built out and sold
– The final three phases of the Shepcote, Sheffield mixed industrial office scheme were built out and sold
– At Guiseley, near Leeds, planning was obtained for residential development of the former Brook Motors¹ site in collaboration with Bellway, the buildings demolished, the site remediated and successfully sold
– At Wheatley Hall Road, Doncaster, another Invensys site, the occupational leases restructured and a 2-acre development plot created on which a self-storage unit has been created and sold
– At Darlington, terms have been agreed with the local authority to open up 70-acres of vacant land acquired from Corus plc, to bring forward one-million sq.ft of space for employment and distribution uses.
The office has also established itself in the local market in terms of acquiring properties with a major 100-acre mixed employment site being purchased at Melton Park, Hull and other opportunities being acquired in Hull, Scunthorpe and Sheffield.
Finally, a larger scale development team has started to be created with the recruitment of Nigel Cunis, an experienced development manager, previously with Miller Developments
Bill Oliver, Chief Executive of St. Modwen said:² “Regional offices lie at the heart of our strategy. We aim to combine local knowledge and understanding which can only truly be created by a local presence with the strength of an entrepreneurial national business. Our aim is to start new offices with a dowry of sites from existing offices and then build the management to become a real force in the region. Steve has made an excellent start in creating just that sort of operation and he fully deserves this promotion.”
Anthony Glossop, Chairman of St. Modwen added: “It is a real pleasure to see someone progress within the company in the way Steve has done. Joining Michelle Taylor in the North West office ten years ago, when it was a similar size to the Leeds office now, he grew to become the undoubted number two in that office as it expanded dramatically and was ready for the move on to Leeds of which he has made a real success.”
For further information contact Steve Prosser (0113 272 7070). Issued by Paul Raymer of Howle Chapman Raymer (0121 313 1000).