Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice sets out how St. Modwen Properties Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) uses and protects any personal information that you provide or which is collected during your visit to this website www.stmodwen.co.uk.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal information given by you whilst using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal information will be collected, processed and used during and following your visits to this website. It also sets out why your information is collected and with whom it is shared and what rights you have over how we handle your information.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page when you have been informed by us of changes that may affect how your information is collected and processed to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This privacy notice is effective from 25 May 2018.
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. St. Modwen Properties Limited is the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
This notice is subject to any additional terms or other agreements you have entered into with us and any applicable laws.
What personal information we collect
When you visit this website our web server will automatically record details about your visit, including:
- Name, address and contact information including phone number and email address;
- Details of any enquiry you submit to us;
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are browsing the Internet);
- Device you access the website from (tablet, mobile telephone or desktop computer);
- Type of browser software used;
- St. Modwen Limited website pages that you visit; and
- Date and duration of your visit to our website.
What we do with the personal information we collect
We require this information to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the website and help us improve it, we also use it:
- To improve our products and services;
- For customer and user administration and marketing (via Google Analytics);
- To record downloads of our brand guidelines;
- For handling enquiries;
- Internal record keeping;
- To provide you with the information you have requested regarding a property/development;
- To conduct research, testing and analysis with regards to our business relations;
- To measure and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising to allow us to send more relevant advertising to you; and
- For such purposes as otherwise specified.
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal information. Otherwise, we will process your personal information to meet our legitimate business interests or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal information prior to entering into a contractual agreement with you, or in order to perform an existing contractual arrangement.
Security of information
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, loss or destruction including:
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- Never asking you for your passwords; and
- Advising you never to enter any unique identifiers such as account numbers or passwords into an email or after following a link from an email.
We will not disclose your personal information to parties who are not authorised to process them.
When you first visit our website, we do not set cookies on your device (other than essential cookies) unless you accept/enable all cookies, or select your own cookie preferences.
You can manage your cookie preferences at any time by clicking the ‘Cookie Settings’ tab at the bottom right of the website. However, please be aware that if you choose not to enable cookies it may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and some parts of the website may fail to work.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you receive an email from us you can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Location where personal information will be processed
Your personal data will be processed in the United Kingdom in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Some of your personal data will be transferred to Google for the purpose of analytics as described above, this data may be processed in the United States. Google LLC is registered under the Privacy Shield Framework, which ensures that your personal data is protected with appropriate safeguards.
Rights in relation to use of personal information
You have the right to:
- Access the personal information held about you and to learn the origin of the information, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the information controller(s), the information processor(s) and the parties who we share information with;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal information is processed with your consent;
- Update and correct your personal information so that it is accurate;
- Request that your personal information is deleted from our records in certain circumstances;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request a copy of your information in a portable reusable format to enable the transfer of information sets between organisations;
- Be able to challenge any profiling and automated decision making, meaning you shall not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you; and
- File a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website here https://ico.org.uk/.
If you would like to exercise your rights above, please send a request in writing to the St. Modwen Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email to email@example.com
Objecting to the processing of personal information
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal information unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated above.
Retention of personal information
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary, we will establish this by considering guidance on best practice in the area that the personal information relates to and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
Requests and Queries
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you want to make a complaint about our use of your personal information you may submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office here:
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact the St. Modwen Group (DPO) by post or email at the details specified below:
Group Data Protection Officer
St. Modwen Properties Limited
17 High Street